Monday Miscellany

1. Luke is really taking off with his reading. It's a lot of fun to witness. And the best part is his own excitement over it. He is particularly proud that he is now reading "chapter books!" So are we.
I never know where I will find him stretched out with a good book.

2. We had a Christmas gathering on Friday night. For us, it was a way to say thanks to the many folks in our church who have been incredibly supportive over the last many months. We enjoyed some good food and silly gifts!
On the menu: Ham biscuits (complements of my mother), stuffed portobella mushrooms, prosciutto pinwheels, artichoke dip, veggies, cheeses, and all sorts of sweet treats.

Who doesn't need Crystal Love Birds?

One of the more desirable gifts - a single cup coffee machine.

A few of the girls.


3. A Country Parade. Sunday afternoon Luke and I hung out on Main St. in Blythewood to take in the sites and sounds of a country parade, which featured Papa and Aunt Tracy.

You don't know what you will see in a small town parade. You might see the local ROTC.

Or maybe you will see a float advertising the local beauty salon: Cuttin' Loose.

You might see a man in a pink shower cap in a tub. Why not? Or. . .

you might see something real fancy, like this.

It's not a parade without the local High School Marching Band.

And then there was this. Here, I'll give you a closer look.

If you can figure out what it is how 'bout let me know.

There were plenty of tractors to be seen as well.



And here's Papa bringing up the rear.

Along with Aunt Tracy.

And finally, Santa, who apparently prefers horseback to a sleigh out here in the country.

4. A little news on our church plant. After much deliberation we have a name. Riverside Community Church. There are three rivers that run through Columbia: the Saluda, Congaree, and Broad. They merge in the Downtown area and run along the west side of the city. So while we don't have riverfront property we consider the city to be "riverside." So there you have it. We are loosing our meeting place at the end of this month so if you think about it please pray that we will find new space that will serve us well long term and as we grow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the pictures of the Christmas parade. I enjoyed them so, although they were a bit difficult to look at since they really tugged at my heart strings - especially the John Deere tractor. I am a missionary in Pakistan working with "special" children and really homesick right now. I have enjoyed reading your blog and wish the best for you and your family at Christmas.
Sophie

Stacy said...

Sophie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. And I am sorry you are feeling homesick right now. I will pray for you and for your work in Pakistan. I would love to hear more about it. God Bless you for serving the children there.
stacy

Anonymous said...

Riverside! I like it, it reminds me of...something. Something good. When you guys need a website/logo all that stuff let me know, I'd love to help.

about me

My photo
SC, United States

Search This Blog

green seed creations

snapshots

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from stawal. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger