Seventh Heaven

My first baby is seven. But don't dare call him baby.
Or anything babyish.
That comes with seven. Or first grade.
Or having younger brothers.
Or something.
All I know is gone are the days of
referring to him as 'baby' or 'cute' or 'sweet.'
********************
********************
It's okay though. I love Seven on Spinner.
*********************
*********************
It has come with a sincere zeal for learning. A love of reading.
A bit of a competitive edge. Compassion
for his younger brothers. An ownership of his things.
An increased desire to perfect a British accent.
A developing interest in things that are scary (like his dad).
Artistic ability.A propensity toward headaches and
sensitivity to heat (like his mom, poor thing).
A spirit of helpfulness. A sense of adventure.
And a desire to drive. Yep, already.
***********************
***********************
Happy Birthday, Spinner!
It's great being your mom!

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Happy, happy birthday:)

the Provident Woman said...

Happy Birthday!

My girls wont let me call them baby anymore either. Whenever I do they just say Dean is the baby.

I wanted to let you know I have a giveaway on my blog. Click on the WHAT AM I? GIVEAWAY picture in one of the right sidebars.
theprovidentwoman.com

about me

My photo
SC, United States

Search This Blog

green seed creations

snapshots

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from stawal. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger