Tagged

If you frequent the blogosphere then you are familiar with the meme. If you don't then I will give a brief explaination. The whole idea behind being "tagged" for a meme is to share your ideas, thoughts, experiences, or just answer a set of questions, whatever the meme requires, and then tag others to do the same. Here is a more formal definition of an internet meme. I suppose some would say one has not been truly indoctrinated into the blogosphere until tagged for a meme.

Now I am normally not one to jump on board with these things. Not because I am a party pooper but because I don't feel like I have much of interest to share. But this time I will play because the fun and cool Tina tagged me and well, I wouldn't want to let her down. :) And Tina, by the way, makes and sells very cute and whimsical note cards. You should check them out.

Okay, the meme. Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you. done
2. Post these rules on your blog. done
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself. coming up
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry. yeah, I don't think I am going to play by this rule. Chain letters always ended with me too. Maybe I am a bit of a party pooper.

Six unimportant things about myself:

1. I like my cheeseburgers plain. Yep, my husband still doesn't get this about me. No lettuce, tomato or onion. And certainly no banana peppers, jalapeno peppers or any other peppers. I do take a smidgeon of mustard, mayo, and ketchup, don't want it dripping though. For me it is all about the meat and I don't want anything interfering with it!

2. I don't like going to the beach. I appreciate the ocean with all it's vastness and beauty. I appreciate the sounds of the waves crashing against the sand and the birds chirping over head. But that's about as far as it goes, appreciation. I don't like sitting on the beach, swimming in the ocean, making sand castles or scouring for shells. The reason? I cannot stand to have sand against my skin and I don't like feeling sticky, both of which are inescapable at the beach. Those things combined with the heat and well, that is the making of a pretty miserable experience for me. I'm a mountain girl all the way.

3. I love listening to my boys giggle with their dad. Sometimes I like to hide out in my bedroom upstairs and listen to James with the boys as they climb all over him, giggling and playing and asking for more. It is such a sweet sound.

4. I'm a wannabe singer. Now, I can't sing worth a hoot and am only as good as the person sitting next to me. So, in other words, if they can't carry a tune then I am out of luck because I can't find the note myself. But I have always had this wild dream of sitting on a small stage playing acoustic guitar (also something I cannot do) and singing for my fans, in a Nanci Griffith sort of way. Talk about a pipe dream!!

5. I have never been to Washington, D.C. I know, what a shame, huh? Maybe I will chaperone a field trip for the boys one day because I don't see traveling in my near future.

6. I don't know what I am doing with my boys most days. I just muddle through and hope I am teaching them something worthwhile and that I am not screwing them up too badly. Good enough mothering, I am all over that!

Thanks for the tag Tina, it was fun!

1 comments:

Christina (BookTasty) said...

Don't worry, I can't sing either. I also had that dream, especially in CRU when it seemed like every cute Christian girl could sing and play guitar...I'm over it now. lol

Thanks for the plug for my cards too! :)

about me

My photo
SC, United States

Search This Blog

green seed creations

snapshots

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from stawal. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger