Strawberry Fields Forever

Mmmmm, fresh strawberries. There is something really satisfying about picking your own food. It almost makes me want to grow my own. Almost. For now I will stick with picking and buying from local growers.
Today, after dropping Wil off at school we - Luke, Timothy, Nonnie, and I - went to a local strawberry patch and filled up three buckets of plump, red, juicy strawberries. Yum.




Luke, who can go through a pint of strawberries in 60 seconds flat, was in strawberry heaven, exclaiming over every berry he picked and eating them up along the way.




And Timothy enjoyed the muddy corridors while occasionally grabbing at the irresisitable berries.

Tuesday night is "company night" around here. I think we'll have strawberry shortcake for dessert!

2 comments:

Kristen Triplett said...

We just went strawberry picking this last weekend! See our blog for pictures similar to yours but with much larger children (namely Brian and I) Great minds think alike I guess :)

Mary said...

Ooooh, we're planning on our first trip to the strawberry fields this year. I guess I better start looking for a place to pick! Looks like you had a great time.

about me

My photo
SC, United States

Search This Blog

green seed creations

snapshots

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from stawal. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger